Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock hints club could re-sign Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic

Football news - transfers, fixtures, scores, pictures | The Sun
Cardiff boss Neil Warnock hints club could re-sign Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic

CARDIFF are pushing for two more signings before the transfer windows shuts – including Liverpool’s Marko Grujic.

Neil Warnock is keen to take Grujic back on loan this season, and amid reports of interest from Crystal Palace, the Bluebirds boss is confident a deal will be done.

Marko Grujic is wanted back on loan at Cardiff CityAFP or licensors Is Neil Warnock on the phone to Jurgen Klopp thrashing out a deal for Marko Grujic?Getty Images - Getty

The Serbian featured for Jurgen Klopp’s side in the 4-1 International Champions Cup win over Manchester United in Michigan.

After losing to Rotherham 2-1, Warnock said: “If not Marko, (we want) somebody like that.

“We’re still optimistic and we should know within the next few days on that one.

“I’m constantly in touch with him (Grujic), still optimistic but we’ve also found a back-up as well, which we’re trying to hold onto for another few days, just in case.

Marko Grujic featured for Liverpool in 4-1 win over Manchester UnitedReuters Marko Grujic played 12 games for Cardiff in the Championship and scored one goalReuters

“I’ll be disappointed if I don’t get Marko but it won’t be the end of the world.

“We could do with them both really. I’ll be having a chat with Mehmet (Dalman) and Ken (Choo) and Vincent (Tan) in the next few days.

“I’m looking at a permanent deal and I’m also looking at the loan market. But I want Marko first.”

Warnock also dismissed talk of Palace stepping in to nick the 22-year-old from under his nose.

The Cardiff boss went as far as to hint there could be a new deal at Anfield for Grujic, which is complicating matters further.

He added: “I’m not sure about that if I’m honest, If he’s going to stay in the UK I think he’ll come to us.

“It all depends on the negotiations with him, I think a new Liverpool contract is involved or something like that.

“It will be resolved and I think they’d be silly to sell him at the minute because if he came with us and had a good season, he’d be worth a lot more.

“Another six months with us, more experience and I think he’d enjoy it with us.

“I’m sure they’ll make a decision shortly because they know I want him for that first (Premier League) game.

“But it’d be great to get him for the Real Betis game next weekend. But he’s not losing any fitness and it’s just a matter of waiting for what you want.”

Cardiff travel to Bournemouth for the opening game of their return to the top flight on August 11.

Sign up for Dream Team 2018/19 now

Dream Team is back and better than ever ahead of the new Premier League season Completely free to play £400k jackpot up for grabs across the season REGISTER FOR DREAM TEAM 2018/19 HERE

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.